Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Wrapping

Not only the title of my favorite Christmas song, Christmas wrapping is also one of my favorite ways to have a bit of artistic fun. My mom and I used to do it together, sorting through bits of lace and magazine clippings and wallpaper samples, trying to make each package a totally unique piece of crafty work. "Bohemian" is the word my cousin Michael used to describe our gift-wrap style "Anthropologie-esque" is the word we are found of using. (My mother is almost as obsessed with Anthropologie as I am.)

This year, I decided to create brown-paper packages tied up with strings (one of my favorite things) and decorated with bundles of cinnamon sticks and pinecones. I had a lot of fun, and I hope my packages will inspire you to have fun with your Christmas wrapping.

The whole big pile:

Details and bits:





Something special for my mum (The reindeer bag is from Starbucks and the juniper stamp came of a Christmas card I received.):

P.S. After running a few essential Christmas errands, I am enjoyed a calm snowy afternoon. I hope you all are getting the chance to do so as well. Mmmmmm... moose mug of hot cocoa and a book. What could be better?

0 comments:

Post a Comment