Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happiness and beautiful things

I've been listening to The Happiness Project in my car and it's gotten me thinking about my own happiness, what I can do to savor it when it comes and what I can to to create more of it. It's an extraordinary power, the ability to make yourself happy.

So today, my first day of rest in a long time has been, in large part devoted to doing things that bring me joy. Of course this means a lot of sitting by the pool reading, but I've also been productive. I hung a belt rack in my closet this morning (Using a power drill honest makes me really happy! - something I discovered working in the scene shop when I was a drama student).

Another thing that makes me really happy is getting packages in the mail. I know I'm not alone there; after all, "brown paper packages tied up with strings" is a line in "My Favorite Things." So it just worked out that this was waiting for me this morning...

Mystery package . . . What could it be?

IMG_6422

Here's what it was!

IMG_6423
IMG_6424
IMG_6425

Don't you just love eBay?

Then, as I was doing some cleaning/organization/playing with power tools, I came across a pretty clementines box that I've been wanting to do something with. Then I remembered that I've also been wanting to find a more practical and aesthetically pleasing storage solution for my nail polish . . . and voila!

IMG_6434
IMG_6428
IMG_6433

Now I'm sitting by the pool enjoying a talk glass of lime and basil sparkling water and a Marie Claire I've been trying to find time to read for ages.

IMG_6451
IMG_6449
IMG_6447

Okay, I'm gonna jump in the pool now and get some exercise. Then, more Marie Claire. I hop you are all enjoying your weekends!

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. The Happiness Project is so good... and so is getting packages in the mail!

    ReplyDelete