Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Halloween prep and pinspiration

If you know me at all, then you know that my major obsession and inspiration is the changing seasons and upcoming holidays! As a kid, I realized that my favorite season and favorite holiday was always the current one. I guess that's a good way to be.

Anywho, though we're just at the beginning of October, I'm already in full swing celebrating fall and Halloween. We've gotten invitations already to at least two Halloween parties and an ancestor dinner for All Hallow's Eve.

And, after about a month of careful consideration and brainstorming, Ryan and I decided on our costumes. We're going to be Lloyd Dobler and Diane Court. Partially because we love the movie, and partially because I already look scarily like Ione Skye. Also, I want to find an '80s party dress, so that's an added bonus. Oh, and Ryan is totally going to cary a boom box around playing "In Your Eyes" on repeat, in case there were any doubts.

say_anything

Oh, and if you, by chance, haven't seen Say Anything. I refer you to my advice regarding Back to the Future. Drop everything you're doing right now, stop reading this blog, and go watch it immediately. Are you going? Have you stopped reading this? Stop it. I mean it.

* * *

Good movie, huh? Now, where were we? Oh yes, I was going to tell you about all the lovely fall and Halloween inspiration I've been marinating in lately. I already wrote a post about my sudden to slick on some orange lipstick and wear fall colors. Well, I've also been on a kick to make as many Pumpkin things as possible. On Sunday, I made a Pumpkin lasagna and it was actually good. Even my pregnant sister-in-law who has the palate of an 8 year old right now enjoyed it and took leftovers home. But there is so much more to do. I want to make a pumpkin and goat cheese risotto and some pumpkin whoopie pies.

And so much more . . .








Source: bhg.com via Célèste on Pinterest








Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment