Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, October 20, 2011

What I wore today 10/20/2011 (Purple for Spirit Day)

IMG_2881

Did you wear purple today to celebrate Spirit Day and show your support for LGBT youth. The awful bullying that goes on against these kids is an issue near to my heart, so I was enthusiastic to take part in spreading awareness by wearing purple today. If you know an LGBT youth who is struggling, please make sure they know about the wonderful It Gets Better Project.

Okay, on to the outfit . . .

I considered several purple options . . .

IMG_2797

. . . but settled on this lovely double breasted (with heart-shaped buttons) knit dress with big pockets. It's so comfortable. I paired it with a cami and some shoes that I just picked up at a thrift shop yesterday while scouring for a Diane Court dress.

IMG_2836
IMG_2869
IMG_2867
IMG_2866
IMG_2870
IMG_2889
IMG_2909


Dress - DELiA*S
Lace and silk camisole - thrifted
Ankle-tie ballet-inspired flats - Gianni Bini, thrifted
Nuzzling giraffe bangle - Target
Diamond watch (worn everyday) - Citizen, Macy's
Blue skies umbrella - some online shop

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

2 comments:

  1. I really like the flats, the watch & the bangle (love that kind of gold).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you took that last picture of your shoes, I couldn't make them out in the other pics. I was quite disappointed at the lack of purple on my campus that day :(

    ReplyDelete