Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring recipe: quinoa with peas and fresh mint

Quinoa with peas and fresh mint

Remember that family dinner I told you about. Well, here's one of the dishes I made. (The others are coming soon!)

Quinoa with peas and fresh mint

Spring is one of my favorite times of year for fresh produce (the others being summer, fall, and winter . . . because, honestly there's always something great -- even in winter, there are Brussels sprouts, clementines, and more Brussels sprouts!) But, truly, I am super excited about asparagus, rhubarb, fresh mint, etc. etc.

This recipe for quinoa with peas and fresh mint comes from Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home, a truly lifesaving cookbook organized by season. Rather than transcribe the whole recipe for you, I googled it and found someone else had already done so here. The only thing I did differently was use vegetable broth. I'm sure any broth you have on hand will do perfectly.

Quinoa with peas and fresh mint

I hope you make and enjoy this delicious quinoa with friends. It's a great way to celebrate spring with your taste buds! (And I do think taste buds should always be involved when celebrating.)

Quinoa with peas and fresh mint

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I love quinoa! This looks amazing.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete