Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, November 4, 2013

Jenn's Sugar-and-Spice-themed Baby Shower

Jenn's Baby Shower

Yesterday I hosted a baby shower for my sister-in-law Jenn who is having a baby girl in December. We are all so happy to welcome a new Brott baby into the world!

Since I am so excited to meet my very first nice (as a proud auntie of three nephews already), I decided on the theme "sugar and spice." 

I decorated with bright red and Tiffany blue, and served food to fit the theme: cinnamon-roll pops, spice-cake cupcakes, roasted-red-pepper hummus, and individual 7-layer dip cups (in mason jars).

We played pictionary (with movies that have "baby" in the title) and name that tune (with songs that have "baby" in the title).

I think the sweetest moment of the day was when Jenn's mom surprised her with her own baby blanket (hand-quilted from tiki-printed fabric because Jenn was born in Hawaii) and baby clothes she had worn. It was so sweet and such a special moment to witness. 

Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower
Jenn's Baby Shower

signature color

0 comments:

Post a Comment